Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not Luck Just God

So we had a little bit of a rough day today. We walked all the way to the Kremlin which was about 25-30 minutes each way with Sam, and then we ate at TGI Fridays. Personally, I could have done without both, but I guess we should at least try some sightseeing on the trip. We have not gone sightseeing at all this trip except if you count going to the orphanage, downtown St. Petersburg (to court & vital records [what incredible sights, in deed]) & Priozersk. Sam did fine, but it was definitely not easy with him wanting to go pee and us having to find somewhere in a foreign country with a public restroom. Thank you McDonald's by the Kremlin.

Anyways, now I will tell you the real story of the day. We went out to find this pizza place that we were told about, and could not find it. So we came back to the hotel, and ordered room service. I went to the store to get some drinks, because we are not paying the ridiculous amount for room service drinks (they already were charging a ridiculous amount for the food). Anyways on the way back from the store, I felt this sliding feeling, and I checked to see if my wallet or passport had fallen out. They had not, so I just kept walking. I got back to the hotel and realized that was the money belt, and this was after a couple of minutes. Oh crap! So I ran out of the room as fast as I could under the arms of the bellhop who had just knocked at our door, and sprinted back to retrace my steps. Praying the whole way, but really all I could even pray was, "Oh God please..." But God did please and our moneybelt was just lying in front of the store in plain site with a light showing on it. I picked it up and hugged it, and thanked God. I ran back to our hotel, because I assumed that Carrie was probably freaking out and looking for the money belt. She was. But God was watching out for us, and I can only think that it was God. Praise God! (And yes, I forgot to take my blood pressure medicine today. Guess what I did when I got back to the hotel clutching the money belt in my hand? Took that medicine.)

Long story short, PRAISE GOD!

2 comments:

Happy Wife said...

Its like Where's Waldo, but it is "Where's Sam!".... glad you found your money.. scary stuff! Come home soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow - praise the Lord, indeed. What kindness He has shown to us, even in personal ways like this.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption