Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Road Work Ahead - Expect Delays

"Because you're not yet taking God seriously," said Jesus. "The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy seed, say, you would tell this mountain, 'Move!' and it would move. There is nothing you wouldn't be able to tackle." Matthew 17:20
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
Today we found out that everything having to do with the program where S is is up in the air. They are scrambling to get the couples that are already in the middle of things there settled before they will even begin to think about new couples. We also found out that it's likely we won't get much more information on S other than what we already have, which is not a lot. Our caseworker basically explained that if we want S we need to be prepared for major delays.
It felt like decision time. Do we go for S, knowing only that nothing is sure, not even that we would get him at the end since the Russian government could decide at any time to refer him to someone else? Or do we give up on S and start submitting our paperwork in order to get a referral?
I think both Tim and I were sort of at a loss for a few minutes. I sat at my desk staring at the email trying desperately to make sense of everything they were telling me. Part of me very much wanted to not care about S. I wanted to be able to say that it was too much of a hassle and we could just move on. I couldn't do it. I emailed Tim and waited for him to pull the trigger. Yes S, no S. Finally he said what I was thinking. We can't just give up on S because it's a little scarier.
And I started thinking about Faith. Faith is being certain of things we can't see. We can't see S's records, or his history and we can't be certain that this is going to work out just like I want it to. But I have Faith in God that if S is meant to be ours it's as easy as saying "Move mountain!" and it will.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

Hi Carrie,

I'm a new follower--can't remember exactly how I found your blog but I am so thrilled to hear of your adoption in progress (we, too, are in progress--hoping to adopt our third and final child, a baby boy from Ethiopia). I think it's wonderful that you and your husband are so committed to Sam, and I'm sending good thoughts and prayers that you two will be united with him as soon as humanly possible. It took us seventeen months to adopt our daughter from Guatemala (she's our second child and our first adoption) and even though the wait was difficult, it was more than worthwhile--to say the least! Anyway, hope you don't mind my reading--I just love adoption stories.

All the best to you and your husband,
Courtney

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption