Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Green Light

Yesterday was a day. After a fun, but exhausting weekend I was determined to get the rest of the paperwork in to Bethany. The only thing left aside from the doctors forms which have to wait until Friday when I have an appointment are these "Criminal Background Inquiries" that need to be filled out by the police department. Bethany made it sound like it was as easy as walking into the precinct and asking. So I did. Bad idea. The little guy sitting behind a plexi glass window spent probably thirty seconds giving me this blank look while I tried to explain what I needed, would not even look at the forms themselves to see if he could help me, and then said "We don't do that, you have to go downtown." I was so mad that I couldn't say anything and I just smiled at him and walked out. When I got into my car I was practically in tears. I'm sure this was a combination of being very tired, being very hot, and having just wasted my lunch hour for nothing but at that moment it was just too much. I wanted those papers turned in. I wanted to be able to email Bethany and say "Everything is turned in, please answer my questions now." This whole patience thing is not working out for me. So I did what most frustrated wives probably do. I called my husband and told him he had to deal with this. I was done. Poor Tim. I'm so lucky I have such a wonderful husband because a lesser man would have probably hung up on me. He's going to go downtown today and get them filled out and mailed. Thank the Lord. And then something miraculous happened. Yesterday in the mail our mortgage company sent us a check. A big check. This is highly unusual since it's usually the other way around. Something about escrow and something or other being too much. I didn't really care, I just wanted to know if we were going to have to send it back. Tim doesn't think so and it's about half the cost of the homestudy. It was like finally hitting a green light when every other light yesterday felt red. God is good to us and his timing is always perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption