Friday, August 14, 2009

Holy Crap!

So we finally got 99.9% of our initial paperwork in and we have now been assigned a case worker which is awesome. But what is a little less awesome is that we have to get more background checks. Really it is not that bad, and we're glad to have someone who is actually assigned to us to ask my one or two questions and Carrie's 3 million questions. Carrie is a question asker and a fretter and I like to wing it, and it is a good thing we are paired together, because otherwise I would ask no questions and have no idea what is going on or Carrie would ask every question that comes to mind and drive them crazy. But anyways to the crap, we have been praying for a particular boy that we have saw on the website. We are not suppose to say their names or post pictures so that is why we gave him the generic name of S. But since we have been assigned a case worker now (Yay!) she will give us more information about S. We know where S is located and found out that the agency in that country that would assist with our adoption agency lost their license. So that really stinks, but apparently this is not too bad. Might just delay some things. Onto the Holy part, S might have a sister, and neither of us were terribly frightened, upset or worried about this information. In fact, we were both a little joyful. Carrie told me this and did not even mention how she felt about it. And I got really excited. I don't know why, but something God related must be the case. I think after we talked a little longer we had both decided that we could think of a lot of reasons why it wouldn't work, but none of them were really valid. Reasons like it costs more; I might lose my man room (which is going to be converted into the man room/guest room); it will be a lot more work; and so on. God will provide. Adoption is a step of faith to us, so why not add two more little feet.
(Ok, so I don't really completely understand why we have a blog if I don't actually say what is going on in my head. After I wrote that sentence I got up and did a walking version of the robot dance while thinking "Little feet, little feet" over and over in my head at my office. Yes, sometimes I am a little strange.)
So after we had talked about it some more, Carrie emails me and says can we name her to Anastasia? I replied no. Her response was, "We changed the cats' names." First, off we are not changing someone's name based OFF OF A CARTOON MOVIE (I would double bold that if that exists). And second, children are not cats. Children are a number of things, but they are not cats. They may act like Marshmallow the Black Kitty (my niece), but I know for a fact that they are not cats.

1 comments:

Happy Wife said...

My roommate from college adopted 3 little girls and they changed their MIDDLE names when the adoption was official(they were between 2 and 4 years old when they adopted)...

Wow - the adventure of adoption is fun... my dear friend is one of 6 children, and she is the oldest and only one not adopted...I told her about you guys and she was so encouraging... It is excitingto hear of other people's adoption adventures... It is more thrilling to have adoption adventures that we get to "share" by being in the family of the adopters... It is fun to think that our girls will have new cousins soon! And it is exciting to know that you guys are going to be these lucky children's wonderful parents... praying for you both - and for our new niece and nephew... Kim

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption