Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Prayer Requests

I've been meaning to post this for two weeks. Seriously, it is on my actual written down "to-do" list. I was reminded again this morning so now I'm buckling down.

I believe that God goes before us. I believe that prayer is powerful. If you were to ask what the number one thing we need is it would easily be prayer.

And a toothbrush for Sam. (That's just my own little fixation lately. I should just go buy one.)

People have asked what they can pray for specifically so here goes:

- Pray for the judge in our case. Pray that the Lord would soften her heart towards us, that she would understand in her spirit the things we can't put on paper and be mindful of our little Sam when making her decision.

- Pray for Sam. Pray that God protects his small heart and gives him happy days waiting for us. Pray that he would understand what is going on and adjust easily to the major changes coming his way.

- Pray for Us. Pray that God would prepare us to be good parents and shining lights. Pray that we deal well with the stresses coming in the next two weeks. Pray that we love each other well and have patience with one another. Pray that God gives us the right words to speak while we're in court. Pray that we get rest while traveling, and for easy travel. Pray that we stay mindful of the bigger picture while dealing with the minutiae that this adoption entails. Pray that we seek God in times of trial and weariness.

-Please pray for Tim, he has had a lot of work related stress with a couple of difficult situations.

We are so blessed in this adoption. Blessed beyond even our comprehension. God has already shown up in such big ways that it feels selfish to ask for more. But we do.

I've read so many prayers in the bible lately that begin "God of the angel armies" and that's how I've been beginning mine. God is prepared to do battle for us if need be. And God always wins.



Thank you all for praying. We appreciate it more than you will ever know.

1 comments:

Happy Wife said...

I am praying for God's clear direction and peace for you in the process, in addition!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption