Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Adoption Soundtrack

When I was in college we made sountracks for everything. There was the driving soundtrack, the 80's party soundtrack, the I'm feeling like a whiny girl soundtrack. You name it, we put music to it.

It has been a long 17 months since we started this process and throughout it all music has been a tremendous comfort to us both. I remember looking for "adoption" songs when we started and wanted to make a list of the songs that have been the soundtrack for this process if you will.

"The Valley Song (Sing of Your Mercy)" - Jars of Clay
Though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
And higher mountains I have come down

I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy


This is my go to "things are not right" song. It is always on the Mp3 player as well as being on CD in the car. I have sang this song on repeat, through tears, too many times to count. It's a reminder that God is bigger than whatever I'm going through and that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel

****

"Before the Morning" - Josh Wilson
Maybe, there are things you can't see
and all those things are happening
to bring a better ending


This song was on repeat for a while when we found out we weren't getting Eliana.

****

"God is it true..." - Steven Curtis Chapman
God, is it true out of all things you're doing on this planet,
Could it really be true that you've counted the hairs on my head?
God, is it true, every day of my life, you have planned it?
Well, if it's all true, then that must be you I hear saying, "Trust Me."


This whole album spoke to my heart, constantly reminding me that God was in control even in the painfulness of waiting.

****

"Hope Now" - Addison Road
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
****
"Better than a Hallelujah" - Amy Grant
God loves a lullaby
In a mothers tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
****
"Have Your Way" - Britt Nicole
But you never said the road would be easy,
But you said that you would never leave.
And you never promised that this life wasn't hard,
But you promised you'd take care of me
****
"For Those Who Wait" - FireFlight
When you're fighting to believe
In a love that you can't see
Just know there is a purpose
For those who wait
****
"Jesus Calling" - 33 Miles
When you see the rushing wind, feel the pouring rain
Hear the thunder now as the clouds roll in
You're blinded by the lightning
Do you also hear that still, small voice saying
"It's okay you're not alone
You may be scared to death but I won't let you go"
You may think the sky above is falling
But can you hear Jesus calling?
****
"O Taste and See" - Hillsong (I think, we sing this in church and I've had a hard time finding a recording) You have turned my mourning into dancing
Put off my rags and clothed me with gladness
And I will arise and I will praise You
I'll sing and not be silent
****
"While I'm Waiting" - John Waller
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship You
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


This is just my list. Tim has way cooler taste in music than me. But I wanted to remember later on that these were the songs that helped.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption