Friday, February 12, 2010

Flowers are Important

Tim and I started dating in January. This means that the first holiday we ever spent together (aside from a very important Martin Luther King Jr. day) was Valentine's day.
It was on or around that day when I explained to Tim the importance of sending a girl flowers. My husband (then boyfriend) did not understand why he should spend the money when he could get perfectly good flowers at the grocery store. I think I told him that it didn't have to do with what the flowers were worth, but rather what he thought I was worth. And ever since then he has outdone himself.
Today he sent me roses, beautiful roses in all colors that make my desk smell like spring. And a note that said how much he loved me and that I would be a good mom. And since this is hopefully our last valentine's day without kids I'm going to savor it. From now on it will be a mad rush of assembling 25 spiderman valentines and making heart shaped sugar cookies and strawberry pancakes.
This post has no point. I just wanted everyone to know how wonderful my husband is. Cause he's pretty wonderful.
Happy Valentines Day everybody!

1 comments:

Doug and Shelly said...

Tim and Carrie--I love your blog! We are currently waiting on our home study report. It will be awesome to take this journey together!
Shelly

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption