Friday, August 20, 2010

Things not to do

Here are some things not to do.

1. Plan your life based on your perceived adoption schedule.

2. Ask a 4 year old how to be nice to friends. (This results in very convoluted stories about how someone was not nice to someone else.)

3. Assume that when Russia gives you a random date pulled out of thin air that it means anything.

Today is August 20th. A long time ago (really it wasn't that long, like 2 months) they told us the judge was coming back from vacation on August 20th. We spent the last 2 months waiting for August 20th. We pondered what "back from vacation" meant and why she would come back on a Friday. Turns out August 20th actually means August 23rd. Which probably doesn't mean August 23rd. And I am trying very very hard not to get my hopes up. I want to believe that we could go back in 3 weeks. I want to believe that by mid-September I will hold my sweet Sam in my arms again. But mostly I am not doing those things.

For a long time I was very angry about this. Very angry. It seemed unjust and unfair and mean. But I'm not anymore. God loves Sam more than I do. God knows just how his life should go. I was reminded during worship this past weekend that God's love spans the miles between us. When I worry about his little heart feeling sad or anxious I have to trust that God comforts him.

Next week in St. Petersburg, Russia court is back in session. Pray that our case is presented quickly. Pray that the judge finds favor with our case and grants us a court date. Pray that God's glory would be magnified.

How high, how deep
How far reaching is Your love
Great is Your love
So high, so deep
So far reaching is Your love
Great is your perfect
So unfailing, so unending is Your love
Great is Your perfect love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption