Friday, March 19, 2010

15 days and counting...

I feel like we should be posting everyday because we are so close to leaving, but in reality nothing that exciting is happening. We spend the last two weekends doing mostly nothing and this weekend and next weekend I have class. In between all that there is just work and homework and getting our fingerprints done for the FBI. I read these other blogs where people have these long lists of things to do and then I worry that I'm missing something.

The visas will get here when they get here.

We still don't know how much money we need to take so we can't go to the bank.

We can't pack because that would be silly.

If we buy Sam anything else we'll have to buy an extra suitcase, so that's out.

Honestly, the best thing to do at the moment seems almost not to think about it. I don't know how Tim is coping but for me work has been a little crazy and I am also trying my hardest to get as much of my school work done before we leave as possible which means 2 bulletin boards, some presentations, and probably a good 2 more hours at the resource center at the library cutting things out using the die cuts.

One more thing, about his name. I think we're going with the two middle names. If he doesn't like it when he's older he can change it but we still call him Sam. He looks like Sam. So Sam he'll stay. For awhile he'll probably be Sam Alexey or Alexey Sam but eventually he'll just be my Sam.

Okay, I'm stopping now. I could probably ramble for a little while more but this post is already pointless.

1 comments:

Danni Hughes said...

He's already Sam to me. I can't wait until he calls me Baba or whatever they call grandmas. His choice is fine with me, it will just melt my heart.

The trip will be here and gone before you know it. Just try to build those memories while you are there to get you through the following 6-8 weeks.

Love you both! Mom

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption