Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Risky Business

We met with Pastor Marty yesterday at Fellowship. He is the children’s pastor and the man when it comes to adoption at our church. He asked if I was a risk taker. I guess we all decided that I was an "Informed Risk Taker." Don't how much of a risk taker that makes me, but we are going full steam ahead. That seems like a risk to me, but I am excited about it. We don't know where we are going to adopt from or where the money is going to come from. NO IDEA, where it is going to come from, but I realized I just do not care, because if this truly and wholly from God then it shouldn't matter. I am excited to see the ways God provides for us above what He already does. You know the easy way out would be to win the lottery or just be given a bunch of money, but that will do nothing for Carrie or my own walk with God. I think Romans 5:3-6 sums it up best, "Not only this, but we also rejoice in sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Maybe not so much the suffering, but the rest applies. I don't think this process is going to stop when our adoption is completed. It is much easier to have your own child and raise it from birth. There are no unknown issues. We know our own medical history. We can love and raise a baby from the time it is conceived. It is a risk. We have been called to love a risk and that is exactly what we are going to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption