Monday, July 13, 2009

Here we go!

For those of you that don't know us, I'm Carrie and he's Tim. We're both 26 and were married on May 2, 2008. We currently have no kids unless you count the three cats (I don't, Tim does). We hope to tell everyone all about our adoption from the beginning stages (where we are now) to hopefully the day when we bring our new son or daughter home. So the first question, why adoption? Tim can answer this himself, but as for me, I've always wanted to adopt children since I was a little girl. It always upset me that there were so many children in the world without parents. That idea has only intesified as I've gotten older and as my biological clock starts itching for babies now seems like the right time. Tim is very passionate about adopting first which is fine with me. We have been so blessed by God and would only be blessed further by expanding our family. Why international adoption? At first Tim and I weren't too particular about domestic vs. international but the idea of international adoption has become very close to my heart for several reasons. The U.S. is so wealthy that even orphans in this country are better off than most children. Since we are looking to adopt an older child (hopefully between the ages of 2-5) going internation makes even more sense. So there you have it. We are at the very beginning stages at the moment. We've already met with Bethany Christian Services and I'm about 99% sure we're going to use them. We're drowning in paper work, overwhelmed by the cost, trying to get passports updated, and faithful in the knowledge that if this is God's plan he'll take care of all of it in his time. Keep us in your prayers and we'll keep you updated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption