Monday, April 12, 2010

Prayer

We are home, which is good. I missed my bed and my shower and my cats.

But home is missing the most important thing, Sam.

And we have come home under a black cloud. For those of you who haven't heard, the entire Russian adoption world is in an uproar because of one stupid woman. You can read the whole story here

Because of this one stupid woman Russia may freeze adoptions altogether. Worse still for us, she's from middle TN. I have to be optimistic and believe that God can work it out and everything will be fine. Prayer can move mountains and change hearts. I won't go into detail about how I feel about this woman but I hope the authorities will do everything they can to ensure that this doesn't happen again and so that Russia knows that we are serious about protecting their children that come here.

Other than that we are trying to get over jet lag and do the piles of laundry. We've already been to costco to get photos printed as well as the grocery store and target. We have community group tonight and then it's back to work tomorrow. I'm going to start working on our paperwork for dossier 2 so that we can get it in the mail.

Please pray as often as you think of it for the following things:
Pray that Russia keeps adoptions open.
Pray that our FBI fingerprints would get completed very quickly, we can't send our paperwork in until we get them back.
Pray for Sam. Pray that he knows we are coming back as soon as we can.
Pray for us that we endure the wait well and don't worry but put our faith in God.

2 comments:

Jonathan and Amy said...

girl we are praying praying praying!! my goodness what was that lady thinking?!?

KRISTIN said...

I've been praying and thinking about you guys since I heard that story on the news on Sunday morning. I know how finicky Russia can be, but I know that our God is bigger!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption