Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Sad Goodbye

So Carrie and I just left Sam about 5 minutes ago for our last visit this trip and I was crying. Carrie was not crying, because she was being tough and consoling me. I was crying. Did I mention I was crying. I guess it was a good thing, because the orphanage director will be testifying before the judge next time and she saw me crying, and mentioned that we must really like Sam a lot. During our final day with Sam, we played with a Chinese Lego formula one car. He also decided to take a bunch of pictures and to use our little video camera. He really loves the cameras. He was walking around the room taking pictures and at one point he got confused and had the camera backwards was taking pictures of his face (that is the picture over to the left). It was really funny and dare I say cute. Who am I kidding I was never cool in the first place. WE HAVE A SON AND HE IS CUTE. Take that all you cool people. You have murses (not your murse, Clint) and embarrassing haircuts. Anyways, he was tired today. I think he might not be sleeping well, and I know he has refused dinner these past couple of days, because we have given him so much food while we were there. Guess he is not a real American yet. He hasn't learned the fine art of gluttony. Little Sam wanted papa to take him to the bathroom not once, but twice. I don't think he actually used it the second time, but he told me to leave the bathroom. It was good that he felt comfortable enough to talk to me in Russian, because he really has been talking to Julia (our translator) more than Carrie or I. He was not on his best behavior today, which is challenging, because we do not speak Russian and he does not speak English. He wasn't bad, but he just would not listen as well as he has the past couple of days. He was still very polite. I am not really sure if it is polite or matter of fact. He asked us to bring him an apple yesterday, and today he asked if we had his apple. That was a messy ordeal. Turns our there is a reason why parents cut up apples for their children. Back to me crying, I cried, because he doesn't understand, and it is not fair to him to make him wait anymore. I can wait. I have waited almost a year, and while he has waited a couple of years I feel like we are pulling the carpet out from under him. How is he suppose to trust us when we left him? He was so happy. At least we can take comfort in the fact that we have already brought him joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption