Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Soviet Russia, blog updates you!

So we have sent all the money into our agency for our dossier fees. Unless we get E then we owe them more money. First time in my life that I would excited about owing someone thousands of dollars more. Soon our dossier, homestudy and various other documents will be translated into the beautiful language of Russian. In Soviet Russia, blog updates you. Then it will be sent to Russia. I am hoping that the In Soviet Russia joke is the first thing they read. I think it will really encourage them to process our paperwork more quickly (don't worry that is not in our paperwork). We really have no idea when we will be travelling possibly in a couple of weeks or in a couple of months. Carrie has not really read any blogs about families adopting waiting children. I tried searching the internet, but dealing with Russian websites I have to remember that in Soviet Russia, website searches you! Never gets old. What I have learned so far in the process is that there really is no solid predictor of when things will happen. The processes that we expect to take a while are usually quick and easy, and the things that we expect to be no big deal are time consuming and difficult. So my conclusion is that adopting from Russia is much like a Yakov Smirnoff joke. It is a reversal (not really that funny), and what should be difficult is easy and what is easy is difficult. In Soviet Russia, child adopts you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption