Monday, December 7, 2009

The biggest $3.00 in the whole world

Ok, so money is a huge part of adoption. And learning to trust God to provide said money is an even bigger part of adoption, one I struggle with all the time. Where is it going to come from, why isn't it coming faster, etc. I was moaning and complaining about it all weekend. Until I was given a much needed wake up call.
I teach a Sunday school class full of the sweetest, cutest three year olds on the planet. I love everyone of them dearly. There are a few that I love especially. Haddon is one of them. Funny and curious and sweet, he is everything a little boy should be. This week he walked into class with a plastic bag full of coins and a few bills and handed it to me. Assuming it was for our compassion child I started to put it into the box when is mom told him to tell me what it was for. He looked up at me and said, "It's for your baby."
His mom told me he had emptied his piggy bank for our Sam. And I was floored. After church I took the bag out to the car and handed it to Tim and told him that it was from Haddon for our baby. He was pretty much as speechless as I was.
God speaks to us in different ways. We are learning through this adoption. I would be lying if I said this was the first lesson those three year olds have taught me, but this may have been the sweetest. God provides just what we need, just when we need it.
I've said more than once that if I could choose I would have S be like Haddon. Now I think I wish I could be like Haddon, I wish everyone could be like Haddon. The world would be a better place if we were.

1 comments:

Annette Wright said...

How wonderful to hear you speak of my grandson, Haddon, in this way. Of course, I know completely how wonderfully God has made him and what a great job his parents are doing raising him. I'm so blessed this day, as I read how he is blessing someone else. Thank you for being a great SS teacher for these little ones. I taught 4 year olds for many years. It was such a joy. May your adoption be a blessing in every way. God Bless!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption