Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Hardest Thing

The hardest thing about having a newly adopted child is not what you would think. It's not the fear that is his constant companion or the entire shift in everyone's routine. It's not even being regularly told that you aren't loved.

It's not knowing what he's thinking in the quiet moments before he falls asleep, and not even being able to ask him. I so want to know what is going through his head when all he whispers is "lu-blu" (love you). Those sweet moments are getting me through some difficult days as we all adjust.

Also, as you know yesterday was my birthday, and it was like no other birthday.

It started like this:

And this:

And ended with Red Robin and delicious lemon creme cake that my mom made that was exactly like the lemon creme cake at Olive Garden.

I am trying very hard to establish traditions. Red Robin's has always been a tradition for me and Tim because you get a free burger but I want to establish Krispy Kreme as one too. It was a fun day, tiring like all our days have been but fun too.

Tomorrow we are going to see how children's church goes, so pray for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tweten Adoption